authentic-ozzie-smith-jersey

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

authentic-ozzie-smith-jersey

linchao
LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Dodgers recent tendency to score late and win often will probably have to continue Monday Johnny Manziel Jersey , whether they want to operate that way or not.The reason is they are facing New York Mets ace Jacob deGrom, who is putting together an historic season despite being on one of the worst teams in the majors. The Dodgers took nine days to erase a 4 1/2-game deficit in the National League West by using their late-inning rally strategy to perfection.Article continues below ...Matt Kemp moved the Dodgers into sole possession of first place in the NL West with a game-ending two-run double off Brad Boxberger to give Los Angeles a 3-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks Sunday. Los Angeles moved into a tie atop the division Saturday when Kemp hit a three-run home run in the eighth inning. The Dodgers won Friday on late home runs from Enrique Hernandez and Justin Turner.“It’s the coaches, the players and just the hyper-focus on each day,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said after Sunday’s victory. It’s hard to not scoreboard watch and feel that 4 1/2 (games) is not a big number to (overcome). Our goal each day was to just play good baseball.”In order to stay in front in the NL West on their own terms, though, the Dodgers will have to get through deGrom. The right-hander is on a march to possibly win the National League Cy Young Award, even if his 8-8 record seems to suggest otherwise. He will enter with a 1.68 ERA, the third best since 1968.A pair of Mets records could belong to deGrom exclusively by the time Monday’s game ends. He currently has 24 consecutive starts of three earned runs or less http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-wil-myers-jersey , tied with Dwight Gooden (1985) for the longest run in franchise history. His 19 consecutive quality starts are also tied for the most in team history.“He continues to do the job,” Mets manager Mickey Callaway said, according to mlb.com. “He’s just an all-around player, and the best pitcher in baseball at this point.”The Dodgers can hang their optimism on the fact that the Mets are somehow just 11-16 in games deGrom has started. They can also feel good about their eight victories over their past nine games, as they aim for their sixth consecutive NL West title.At 61-75, the Mets are out of contention in the NL East, but deGrom still has plenty to pitch for. His main competition for a Cy Young Award appears to come from the Nationals’ Max Scherzer, the Rockies’ Kyle Freeland and the Phillies’ Aaron Nola.The competition at present Rickey Henderson Jersey , though, is a Dodgers offense that has surged thanks to hot bats from Manny Machado (nine home runs in 41 games with the Dodgers) and Justin Turner (.402 batting average, 1.213 OPS in August).The Dodgers will call on Alex Wood to start opposite deGrom. The left-hander has worked his way through nagging leg injuries this season but has still managed to post an 8-6 record with a 3.42 ERA.Formerly a member of the NL East when he pitched for the Atlanta Braves, Wood knows the Mets well having made nine starts against them in his six seasons. Wood is 1-3 against New York with a 3.83 ERA.In seven starts against the Dodgers in his career, deGrom still does not have a victory over the West Coast foe. He has a 3.43 ERA against them over 44 2/3 innings. Texas left-hander Martin Perez won’t be on the mound to start any of the Rangers‘ three games this weekend against the Minnesota Twins.If fact, Perez is likely to have started his last game in a Rangers uniform after the team told him he will pitch out of the bullpen for the final month of the season and that it did not plan to pick up his option for 2019.The Twins will send left-hander Stephen Gonsalves (0-2, 11.37 ERA) to the mound for the series opener on Friday at Globe Life Park in Arlington, Texas. The Rangers will counter with right-hander Drew Hutchinson (2-2 http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-ozzie-smith-jersey , 6.52).Article continues below ...The Rangers were looking for an improved season from Perez after he finished strong in 2017, when he won a career-high 13 games. But he suffered a right elbow injury in an offseason accident at his ranch in Venezuela and was 2-3 with a 9.67 ERA in five starts in April.Perez was then placed on the disabled list with more problems in the right arm. Since being activated on July 14, he is 0-3 with a 5.68 ERA in eight starts.The Rangers told Perez of their decision in a meeting after a 3-1 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Wednesday night, Texas’ fourth straight setback.“It surprised me,” Perez said. “I understand, you know, the way I’ve been pitching. I can’t get mad. But 100 percent I wasn’t waiting for that. That surprised me.“Tough year for me — surgery, the ups and downs — and that’s when you need to have your mind strong and fight with the bad result that you have after the games and during the game. It’s just part of the game Cory Spangenberg Jersey , man.”Minnesota heads to Texas after a 5-3 loss in Cleveland on Thursday afternoon, in the process dropping a three-game series to the Indians.The Twins have now lost three straight series and head to Texas a season-high-tying 14 games behind Cleveland in the American League Central standings.Twins left fielder Eddie Rosario left Thursday’s game in the fifth inning with a right quad strain he sustained while running to first base in the fourth.“We’ll probably find out tomorrow what we’re looking at,” Twins manager Paul Molitor said. “I would imagine he’s not going to play in Texas. He said it was on the last step.”The 26-year-old Rosario has been Minnesota’s best all-around player this year, hitting .292 with 22 homers, 31 doubles and 74 RBIs in 130 games.Rosario told MLB.com that he’d never experienced a similar injury.“I feel in pain,” Rosario said. “It just felt like I pulled my muscle. I was trying to play through it, but the pain is there.”Gonsalves is making his third career start and first against Texas. He suffered the loss in his last start on Aug. 25 at home against Oakland after allowing four runs, seven hits and four walks with two strikeouts in five innings.Gonsalves began the season in Double-A Chattanooga http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-eric-hosmer-jersey , where he went 3-0 in four starts with a 1.77 ERA. At Triple-A Rochester, was 9-3 with a 2.96 ERA with 55 walks and 95 strikeouts.Hutchison will make his fifth start for Texas. He is 1-1 with an 8.83 ERA in four starts and opponents are hitting .329 in that span. He is 2-0 with a 4.41 ERA in three starts against the Twins, but will be facing them for the first time since 2015.
I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.