The second overall pick of the 2016 draft

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The second overall pick of the 2016 draft

maddenvip
NBA success running the triangle, and he did it with some of the best players in league history. He’s tried to find the right personnel since becoming an executive, but has little success to show for his efforts after rebuilding the Knicks’ roster from scratch. In the last two seasons, the Knicks have finished 29th and 26th in offensive efficiency. Alas, Jackson is clearly not ready to try something new, so expect to keep hearing plenty of stories about the Knicks struggling to pick up the triangle. The Lakers bringing Brandon Ingram off the bench actually makes sense

Brandon Ingram, the second overall pick of the 2016 draft, will be coming off the bench for the Lakers to start the season. Head coach Luke Walton hinted that was going to be his decision, but  [url=https://www.mmogo.com/Nba-live-mobile/Coins.html]NBA Live Mobile Coins[/url] it wasn't confirmed until Wednesday, when Ingram himself spoke about his role."If it was given, it wouldn't drive me as much to be the best player that I can be," Ingram told ESPN. "Just coming off the bench and showing that I can be one of the best players on the floor,

I think it just gives me motivation to work hard each and every day."General manager Mitch Kupchak also sounded happy with the decision, despite Ingram being the reward for the worst season in franchise history."I don't anticipate that [Ingram] would start," Kupchak said. "It's not something that I think has to happen, even though he's the No. 2 pick.

"Everyone is saying the right things so far, but Buy NBA Live 18 Coins typically top picks get the nod to start and play heavy minutes right away unless something is wrong. It harkens back to when then-coach Byron Scott relegated last year's No. 2 pick, D'Angelo Russell, to the bench for a big part of last season.So are the Lakers mishandling Ingram's rookie year like they did Russell's? No.

The Lakers were in a difficult situation last season. They had incentive to be terrible to keep their top-three protected draft pick, so going young and letting Russell work on the job even if he struggled made sense. The problem was that Kobe Bryant was still around, so Scott was retained to help usher him to retirement. Scott's authoritarian style, combined with the need to give Kobe minutes and touches, wasn’t conducive with fully developing the young core.