NWAC MACW TV 9/24/83 Tag Team Melee, TA - Piper

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NWAC MACW TV 9/24/83 Tag Team Melee, TA - Piper

Dogthruhoops2

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling and World Wide Wrestling TV tapings on 9/24/83 for 9/27 – 9/29/83 syndicated throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. MACW Hosts are Bob Caudle and David Crockett. WWW is hosted by Rich Landrum. Sandy Scott is the NWA Representative.

Hulk Hogan and his quest for the NWA World Title: 

Hogan is not on MACW or WWW this week but he sent a tape with some pre-recorded comments. With the Wrestling from the Chase, and Central States logo in the background, Hogan addresses the fans:

<i<b>>“Here I am, Brother! The uncrowned soon to be crowned NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Here in St. Louis, where all the brass of the NWA hangs out and the greatest sports writers in the world are here and they can’t get enough of Hulk Hogan! My friend, Buddy Rogers is here and I know he is going to be the next head of the NWA and maybe then I can get some respect that I deserve. I am on tour, letting the world see the next world heavyweight champion. I am gonna beat Skinny Von Erich for the belt that is rightfully mine and Hulk-a-mania is gonna rule the world brother, just you wait and see.” 

“As for you, Harley Race! You wonder if I have what it takes to be world champion. Well here I am, Old Man. It doesn’t matter if it’s in the Carolinas or the Virginias or here in Missouri, Brother! I am going to be the next world heavyweight champion and there is not a thing you can do about it, Crusty!”

Not to be outdone,  Harley Race sent in a tape to MACW in response to Hogan. A subdued Race, with the Missouri State Title on his shoulder, sits on a stool with Larry Matysik sitting beside him, both are in the ring:

“You know, Hulk Hogan, I hear you are on some sort of Bragging World Tour. I find this to be quite humorous since you haven’t accomplished a thing yet! Sure you’ve been United States Heavyweight Champion and it is an important belt, but it is not a world title. You need to be a man, Hogan. All the good looks and puffed up muscles aren’t going to make you a world champion. You’ve got to feel it in your gut, you’ve got to want it more than you want anything."

"Hogan, I don’t think you have that kind of fortitude. I don’t think you have the guts to be world champion. If you step in the ring with me, Hogan, you better have the guts. You better have the fortitude because I have been to the mountain top and I know what separates the champions from the wanna-be champions. The question is, which are you?”

David Crockett reminds the fans Harley Race will be in the area over the next couple of weeks aiming at Hulk Hogan. Bob Caudle reminds the fans that Hogan will get his NWA World Heavyweight Title shot at champion, David Von Erich on Thanksgiving Night November 28th at Starrcade 83 in Greensboro!

=0=

Mid Atlantic Heavyweight Title: Eddy Mansfield, Champion: 

Wahoo McDaniel on MACW tells Bob Caudle that he never had much respect for Eddy Mansfield to begin with. Now, he has even less. He says he cannot respect a man who hires people to do his dirty work for him. He says it’s not even a matter of the Mid Atlantic Title anymore. Wahoo says sure he would love to hold it again, but he just wants to get his hands on Mansfield. He says Mansfield can spend all the money he wants, but eventually “the coward” will have to face him one on one. Belt or no belt!

Mark Youngblood comes out and sides with the Chief. He says Mansfield might have boycotted Wahoo, but he hasn’t been boycotted and challenges Mansfield for the belt. Wahoo says Mark is the perfect person to take the Mid Atlantic Title from Mansfield.

On WWW, Mansfield with Mean Mike Miller, told Rich Landrum he isn’t worried about Wahoo McDaniel and certainly isn’t worried about Mark Youngblood. He says on today’s program, Mean Mike Miller will collect the $20,000 bounty he has put on Wahoo’s head. He says after Miller puts Wahoo out, he can earn an extra 10 bucks if he puts Mark Youngblood out too.

$20,000 Bounty Match: Mean Mike Miller w/Eddy Mansfield versus Chief Wahoo McDaniel on World Wide Wrestling
Miller attacks Wahoo before the bell and pummels the Chief. Wahoo is slow to recover as Miller gives him a good working over. Mansfield taunts Wahoo from ringside as Miller keeps the advantage. Miller throws McDaniel out of the ring where Mansfield puts the boots to him and then rolls him back into the ring. Miller keeps the advantage for several more minutes until Wahoo fires back. McDaniel attacks Miller with a series of chops. Mansfield distracts the referee long enough for Mean Mike to hit Wahoo with a low blow. With the Chief doubled over, Miller hits a piledriver. Wahoo is stunned but not beaten. When Miller goes for a second piledriver at Mansfield’s request, Wahoo backflips Miller out of it.

Miller tries to beg Wahoo off but the Chief will have none of it. He lands a series of vicious chops on the youngster sending him reeling. Wahoo then delivers a suplex which has his opponent stunned. McDaniel follows it up with a chop to the head and gets the pin at 9:32. Mansfield jumps into the ring and attacks Wahoo while he is getting up. Mansfield uses the Mid Atlantic belt as a weapon and then pulls off his belt and starts to whip the fan favorite with it. Mark Youngblood comes in with a chair and chases away, Miller and Mansfield.

The Chief more angry than hurt swears revenge.

=0=

NWA World Tag Team Titles: Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood, Champions: 

Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood say they are excited about being back on MACW and Steamboat says the competition is getting tougher all the time.  This brings out The Shinobi War Machine, Tenryu and Yatsu with Hiro Matsuda. Matsuda tells Steamboat, while they want a shot at the World Tag Team Titles, Tenryu wants a match with Rick specifically. Steamboat and Tenryu stare each other down.

Youngblood chimes in that The War Machine can have a title shot if Sandy Scott deems it. Matsuda says he thinks they will get their chance at the world titles sooner than Youngblood thinks.

Atlantic States Tag Team Champions, Ole and Arn Anderson come out. Ole tells Matsuda, he and his team need to get in line behind the Andersons for a world tag title match. Yatsu moves infront of Matsuda between his mentor and Anderson.

Arn looks over at Steamboat who is still in a stare down with Tenryu. Arn starts berating Rick.

“What kinda of man are you, Steamboat? Are you afraid of everyone? Why don’t you punch him if you aren’t afraid. Tenryu sure doesn’t look scared of you, Steamboat!”

As Youngbood and Ole start to argue, The Rock n Roll Express, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, come out. They start to back up the World Tag Team Champions.

“You know Andersons, you talk about getting title shots but you boys are sure stingy about giving them”, Morton tells Ole.

Arn continues in on Steamboat, who hasn’t flinched in his stare down with Tenryu.

“You know, Steamboat. I think you are just yellow. A paper champion.  You don’t want to defend your belts against quality opponents, you want to run around and act like a champion!” 

Arn starts to get in Steamboat’s face pointing at him.

“Steamboat are you listening to me, you coward! Do you even have the guts to respond? Boy, I am talk….”

Just then, Arn gets his response. Steamboat nails him with a fast elbow to the sternum with lightning speed, follows it up with a backhanded thrust to the chin which jerks Arn’s head back knocking him cold and sending him to the floor.

Tenryu’s eyes get wide as saucers as he is stunned.

Ole goes after Steamboat, but in doing so, pushes Tenryu. Tenryu turns around to see Ricky Morton take a swing at Ole while Yatsu sees Gibson try to help his partner but it looks like he is going after Tenryu and he attacks Robert. Tenryu goes after Youngblood as Steamboat chops Ole. The wild melee continues until the commercial break.

=0=

NWA Television Title: Larry Zbyszko, Champion. 

On WWW, following their win over Bill White and Golden Boy Grey, Mr. Wrestling Tim Woods says while he is looking forward to facing Larry Zbyszko in his retirement match at Starrcade, he tells Steve O not to stop trying to get the NWA Television Title from his nemesis. He tells Steve, he needs to keep the pressure on Zbyszko and hopes he beats him for the belt.

“I would gladly give up my quest to retire as champion if you win the NWA Television Title from Zbyszko.” Woods tells Steve.

Steve O shakes Woods’ hand and says he can beat Zbyszko for the belt.

As Steve O and Woods leave, they are approached by Checkmate, The Nightmare and Thunderfoot. Checkmate does the talking and says Thunderfoot challenges Woods to a mask versus mask match on television next week. Woods says he accepts and warns Checkmate, “By the time Starrcade is here, I will have all three of your masks!”

Larry Zbyszko says it was very nice for Tim Woods to try and get Steve O to soften him up before Starrcade. He says neither Tim Woods nor Steve O is going to beat him for the NWA Television Title. Z says at Starrcade, he will personally unmask Mr. Wrestling Tim Woods.

=0=

The Jimmy Valiant versus Rip Hawk Feud:

Rip Hawk along with the All Night Express: Randy Rose and Doug Somers, calls his group The House of Hawk! He says the House will destroy Jimmy “Boogie Woogie Man” Valiant. Hawk says first he is going to get some grooming sheers and shave him down “like a dog show poodle!” 

Hawk says when they are finished with Valiant, they are going after Johnny Weaver.

Jimmy Valiant says he wants Rip Hawk. He says nobody is going to shave the head of the Boogie Woogie Man, “and me and my main man, Johnny Weaver have something planned for you, Hawk!”

=0=

United States Heavyweight Title: Roddy Piper, Champion: 

On MACW, Roddy Piper came out with Checkmate and said he is going to hold an exhibition.

“Bob Caudle and David Crockett, I am going to prove once again, why the NWA in all of their infinite wisdom was mistaken in letting the big blonde bimbo get the world title shot with David Von Erich instead of me! I am the United States Heavyweight Champion, and that makes me better than Hulk Hogan, Wahoo McDaniel, Andre the Giant Goon, Harley Race, Mag-ag-ag-ag….”

Crockett interjects, “Magnum Terry Allen?”

“Yes, I seemed to have had something stuck in my throat, Mag-ag-ag-ag…yeah him! Better than all of them! And now with help from my friend from The Old Country, Checkmate, I am going to prove it.

Checkmate explains the concept.

“You see, we will have a free style grappling contest. What that means is three men in one three minute round each will try to outlast Roddy. They do not have to pin him to win, but in order for Roddy to win, he has to pin them or be holding them in a submission or mat based moved at the end of the round. No punching or kicking allowed. I have picked the men for Roddy to wrestle. All quality men, I assure you.  But they will all be wearing masks to well, you know, avoid any embarrassment from being defeated so easily. “

Piper is in the ring and the first man wearing a red mask and a red sweat suit is in the ring. He seems to be a bit more wider than Piper but about the same height and only a slight if any weight advantage. The bell rings and the two circle each other then grapple on the mat for a about a minute. The Red Man escapes from being held in a gut wrench position. Just past the two minute mark, Piper is able to pin him with a half nelson into a roll at 2:02. The dejected Red Man shakes hands with Piper and Checkmate and leaves the ring.

The second man wearing an orange mask and orange jumpsuit is obviously bigger and wider than Piper and seems to be a bit rougher around the edges. This isn’t so pretty as the Orange Man tries to overpower Piper, but to Roddy’s credit, he twists and turns and escapes. Piper studies his man more carefully and suckers him into overreaching for him. Once Piper is behind him, he puts the bigger man in a sleeper and after about 30seconds at 2:20, Piper is declared the winner.

The Third man comes in wearing a monarch blue mask with a monarch blue sweat suit. This man is a good sized man and walks into the ring with a lot of confidence. Piper and Checkmate aren’t paying too much attention to the masked man, despite the eye-holes in the mask being screened in.

Piper and Monarch Blue Man have a really close contest and it starts to be very intense between the two men. Suddenly Mike Starbuck appears out of the locker room wearing a blue sweatsuit and a holding a blue mask. Checkmate looks surprised to see him then looks back into the ring. Piper looks at Starbuck then at Checkmate. Monarch Blue Man then nails Roddy Piper with a perfect Belly to Belly Suplex and gets the pin at 2:45. Piper is stunned as Monarch Blue Man reveals himself as Magnum Terry Allen. Piper stunned goes out of the ring and heads to the back with Bob Caudle signing off the show with Allen standing victorious in the ring.

MACW Matches:
- Doug Somers and Randy Rose beat Steve Pardee and Wally Kernodle in 6:46.
- Mark Youngblood beat Bobby Colt in 5:19.
- Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood beat Ron Macfarlane and Golden Boy Grey at 7:02.
- Eddy Mansfield and Mean Mike Miller beat Jay Eagle and Joe Lightfoot in 7:30.
- Roddy Piper’s wrestling exhibition

WWW Matches: 
- The Shinobi War Machine: Tenryu and Yatsu beat Mike Starbuck and Vinnie Valentino in 2:50.
- Wahoo McDaniel beat Mean Mike Miller in 9:32
- Tim Woods and Steve O beat Bill White and Golden Boy Grey in 6:43.
- Jimmy Valiant beat Ted Allen in 4:22
- Ole and Arn Anderson beat Jay Eagle and Joe Lightfoot at 7:00.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NWAC MACW TV 9/24/83 Tag Team Melee, TA - Piper

Wattsfan
Another great program. Poor Roddy just outsmarted and embarrassed on TV. Four tag teams who can't get along makes for good team action. And puffy Hogan doesn't really want to get in the ring with Harley Race.
Reply | Threaded
|

macwfan1957
Man, that tag team melee took my breath away. Loved the dueling promos from Race and Hogan. Magnum with a genius move. Wahoo and Mansfield has more going for it than I thought it would.

Great stuff.
Reply | Threaded
|

20171124yuanyuan
In reply to this post by Dogthruhoops2

coach outlet online

cheap ugg boots

coach outlet store online clearance

air jordans

coach factory outlet online