Chris Sale Jersey

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Chris Sale Jersey

linchao
Mike Fiers may end up with another chance to pitch in the postseason.The Oakland Athletics acquired the right-hander from the Detroit Tigers on Monday for two players to be named or cash. The 33-year-old Fiers is 7-6 with a 3.48 ERA this season.Fiers was with the World Series champion Astros last year http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-mookie-betts-jersey , but he was not included on any of Houston’s postseason rosters. He did make one relief appearance for the Astros in the 2015 Division Series.The rebuilding Tigers picked Fiers up before the season on a $6 million, one-year contract , and he pitched well enough that he became a candidate to be traded to a contender.Detroit traded outfielder Leonys Martin to Cleveland, and general manager Al Avila said last week that Oakland and Milwaukee had shown interest in Fiers. But the Tigers weren’t able to work out a deal before the non-waiver trade deadline.Now the Tigers have sent Fiers to an Oakland team that, if the season ended now, would be the American League’s second wild card.“There’s always opportunity in August,” Avila said Monday. “There’s going to be plenty of players that were available at the deadline that were not traded.”The A’s have had 12 different pitchers make at least one start this year. Sean Manaea is 10-7 with a 3.38 ERA, and Trevor Cahill has been solid when healthy. Oakland recently added veteran Edwin Jackson, who is 3-2 with a 2.87 ERA in eight starts for the A’s.Fiers enters that mix, and he’s enjoyed a nice stretch of late. He’s 2-2 with a 1.96 ERA over his last seven starts.“Mike is happy to get an opportunity to go pitch in a playoff race, and we’re losing a really good pitcher that did a lot of good things here for us,” Detroit manager Ron Gardenhire said in Anaheim before the Tigers opened a three-game series against the Angels. “So now we’ve got to fill a hole Brock Holt Jersey , but I’m happy for him to get this opportunity. It’s a pretty nice time to pitch in the playoffs, and on a run like this, and try to win a World Series ring, so good for him.”Fiers left his most recent outing, Wednesday against Cincinnati, with a bruised left shin, but he was not expected to miss any more time. Gardenhire believes Fiers played an important role with the Tigers’ young pitching staff during his short time in Detroit.“He knows how to pitch, and I think some of our guys benefited from that,” Gardenhire said. “He’s not an overpowering guy … but that’s an art in itself. In the playoffs, when you’re looking for somebody that can come in and not panic, that’s what you need. You’re not going to be put in deep holes with (Fiers on the mound).”Fiers’ exit means another chance for Jacob Turner, who is now slated to take Fiers’ scheduled start Tuesday night. Turner was once one of the top prospects in the Detroit system. He was traded in 2012 in the deal that brought Anibal Sanchez and Omar Infante to the Tigers from the Marlins.Detroit signed Turner http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-rusney-castillo-jersey , now 27, to a minor league deal in June. He’s 14-30 with a 5.26 ERA in 101 big league appearances with five teams. He was expected to fly into the Los Angeles area on Monday night.“He’s been throwing well,” Gardenhire said. “He was the guy that everybody recommended again, and he’s a guy that’s ready to pitch tomorrow. It’s his turn, so we’ll see.”The A’s also designated left-hander Jeremy Bleich for assignment and optioned second baseman Franklin Barreto to Triple-A Nashville.Oakland acquired reliever Shawn Kelley from the Washington Nationals on Sunday for $500,000 in international slot money. Washington agreed to send $1,491,828 to Oakland, which covers a portion of the $1,655,914 remaining in Kelley’s $5.5 million salary. That means Oakland pays a prorated share of the $545,000 minimum over the season’s final eight weeks. PHOENIX (AP) — Christian Yelich has already had conversations with some of his Milwaukee Brewers teammates about their biggest message this spring after coming up one win short of the World Series.“What you did last year means nothing basically. Whether it was good or bad for you as an individual or as a team Chris Sale Jersey , it means absolutely nothing. It doesn’t matter,” Yelich said. “We all start with a clean slate. It’s all what are you going to do in 2019 to help the Brewers win.”Even for the young slugging outfielder who was the NL MVP after nearly winning the Triple Crown (.326, 36 homers, 110 RBIs) in his first season with the Brewers.Milwaukee’s first full-squad workout is Tuesday, four months after losing to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 7 of the NL Championship Series. The Brewers made a late-September surge to force a Game 163 tiebreaker, beat the Chicago Cubs for their first NL Central title since 2011 and swept Colorado in the NL Division Series.“It was a little shorter offseason, not much time for vacation,” starter Jhoulys Chacin said. “My vacation was being in the playoffs. That was my time to go on vacation in October. That was perfect. We’ll take that every year.”The core of the Brewers is still pretty much intact from last season, including Yelich, Chacin, speedy center fielder Lorenzo Cain, 35-homer first baseman Jesus Aguilar and hard-throwing All-Star reliever Josh Hader.“As a team Tyler Thornburg Jersey , you control your own destiny when you have the kind of talent we do here,” Yelich said. “You just want to prove that it wasn’t a fluke and that you can do it again. And I think that’s the drive, that’s the motivation going into the season.”Catcher Yasmani Grandal, a free agent addition who was with the Dodgers, is the most notable addition. Right-hander Jimmy Nelson could help the rotation after missing last season because of right shoulder surgery.Manager Craig Counsell said a new season means a new team that hasn’t done anything yet.“This is a brand new team with players in different places in their lives, and different places in their careers, different interactions,” Counsell said. “I compared it to soup last year. We’re going to make the soup again. Some of the ingredients are the same, but there are some different ingredients in that room, and so it’s not the same.”When someone asked Counsell about the idea that it’s harder to do something again, the fifth-year manager reiterated what he had already said while sitting in his office just outside the new clubhouse that was part of a $60 million renovation to their spring training complex.“I don’t think it matters … That’s my point, is what have we done http://www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-jackie-bradley-jr-jersey ,” he said. “This group hasn’t done it.”The Brewers haven’t been to the playoffs in consecutive seasons since 1981-82 with Robin Yount. They lost to St. Louis in a seven-game World Series in 1982.Chacin, who was 15-8 with a 3.50 ERA in 35 regular season starts, said while the Brewers had a really good season, it hurt missing out on the World Series.“You want to be in that position again, and win that game,” he said.Hader said that just boosts the motivation going into this season.“Just the accomplishments that us as a whole accomplished was unbelievable,” said the 24-year-old, whose 143 strikeouts in 81 1/3 innings last season set a major league record for a left-handed reliever. “You feed off that, you got the taste of what to get there felt like. But it’s not the whole cake. We’ve still got to finish.”
I can show you all the sports, strength, and even passion. Welcome, I sincerely serve you, everything is for you. You can call me "Lin" and welcome to our sports kingdom——http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com We will be happy to serve you.